Replacing a failed disk drive in Data Domain
Here's a quick procedure to replace a failed disk drive in Data Domain. Once you've received your replacement disk from support (depends on your service agreement). Perform the following steps:-
- Logon to your Data Domain
- Run 'disk show state' to see failed disks, this will give you it's co-ordinates
- If you are unsure, run 'beacon' which will activate a visual to confirm the correct drive.
- Eject the failed drive
- Insert the new drive
- Pause ~5 minutes and check the state has changed.
- If not run 'disk unfail <enclosure>.<disk>' in order t get the disk online.
login as: sysadmin Data Domain OS Using keyboard-interactive authentication. Password: Last login: Mon Mar 24 16:32:09 GMT 2014 from ddm1.lab on ssh Last login: Mon Mar 24 16:34:35 2014 from smurf.lab Welcome to Data Domain OS 220.127.116.11-423209 ---------------------------------------- ** ** NOTICE: There are 2 outstanding alerts. Run "alerts show current" ** to display outstanding alert(s). ** sysadmin@dd1a# disk unfail 2.11 The 'disk unfail' command will add the disk to the active storage tier and mark it as a spare. Any exising data on this disk will be lost. Are you sure? (yes|no|?) [no]: yes ok, proceeding. sysadmin@dd1a#