Locating a ZFSSA failed component
A simple how-to article providing the steps necessary to locate a failed component on a ZFS Storage Appliance using both the BUI and CLI
- Go to the Maintenance > Hardware screen.
- Click the right-arrow icon on the Storage System or Disk Shelf which has the fault icon.
- Locate the fault icon in the lists of hardware components, and click it.
- The image should be updated to show where that component is physically located.
- Optionally, click the locate icon for that component, if the component has it. The LED on the component will begin to flash.
To turn on the locate LED using the cli, run the following commands
- Go to the maintenance hardware context
zfssa1:> maintenance hardware
- List the appliance components
zfssa1:maintenance hardware> list NAME STATE MODEL SERIAL chassis-000 hostname ok Sun Storage 7320 unknown chassis-001 000000000C faulted J4410 000000000C
- Select the chassis and list its components:
zfssa1:maintenance hardware> select chassis-001
- Select the component type and show all available disks:
zfssa1:maintenance chassis-001> select disk zfssa1:maintenance chassis-001 disk> show Disks: LABEL STATE MANUFACTURER MODEL SERIAL disk-000 HDD 0 ok ST3500630NS ST3500630NS 9QG1ACNJ disk-001 HDD 1 faulted ST3500630NS ST3500630NS 9QG1A77R disk-002 HDD 2 ok ST3500630NS ST3500630NS 9QG1AC3Z disk-003 HDD 3 ok ST3500630NS ST3500630NS 9QG1ACKW disk-004 HDD 4 ok ST3500630NS ST3500630NS 9QG1ACKF disk-005 HDD 5 ok ST3500630NS ST3500630NS 9QG1ACPM
- Select the faulted disk and turn on the locate LED:
zfssa1:maintenance chassis-001 disk> select disk-001 zfssa1:maintenance chassis-001 disk-001> set locate=true locate = true (uncommitted) zfssa1:maintenance chassis-001 disk-001> commit