How to run SPcollect on EMC Navisphere
This article provides the simple steps needed to gather SPCollects from the EMC Navisphere.
- Open a web browser and type in the IP address of the CLARiiON array.
- Open the drop-down tree under the CLARiiON array.
- Right-click SP A and select "SPCollect." This should prompt you and display "Success."
- You must also right-click SP B and do the same.
- After a few moments, right-click SP A, select File Transfer Manager, and select the destination where you want to put the SPCollects.
- On the left-hand side of the box select the file with the current date that starts with the serial number of the array and ends with data.zip.
Note: If you see a file that ends in runlog.txt, the SPcollects are still running. You must wait a moment longer and press "Refresh" until that file is gone.
- You must repeat Step2 5 and 6 for SP B.
Make all attempts to UPLOAD TO THE SR via Powerlink, so that the data collected follows the case were it goes and easier for collaborations with other groups. Also reduces the risk of being purged from FTP, as well as causes an email trigger to the SR owner informing a file/entry had been made and/or attached to the SR.
In the event FTP is the 'only' method, then proceed with FTP location ftp.emc.com/incoming/<sr-number>, and then inform the SR owner when the file is there.
Copy the SP_Collects files onto your local drive and then can be viewed or sent to EMC for full diagnostics.