How to password reset a Sun StorEdge T3 storage array
This simple article provides the steps necessary to password reset a Sun StorEdge T3 array.
- Stop all the I/O to the host
- Connect a console cable from the master unit to a video terminal and power off all units (both trays in a partner group).
- Power up the master unit (leave alternate master off) and interrupt the boot process by hitting RETURN when you see the following message:
hit the RETURN key within X seconds to cancel...NOTE: If you leave the alternate master on, the T3 Operating System (OS) will continue to boot. Eventually, the OS will assume there is a problem with the master (that we interrupted), disable it, and make itself the master.
- At the T300-EP prompt, use the
set passwdcommand to view (and memorize...) the password.
- Type reset to reboot, and immediately power on the alternate master (if present).
- If you choose, you can change the password after it boots with the passwd command.