How to obtain NetWorker license keys
The following steps allow you to capture the license keys current installed on a given NetWorker server. It generates a simple text file with the current active and previously installed keys for completeness.
These steps do not modify any NetWorker resource configuration it simply extracts from a read-only source.
- Access a command-prompt or shell command on your NetWorker server
- Capture output to log file, using:
# /usr/bin/script /var/tmp/nwkr_licenses.txt
- Start NetWorker command line administration tool (
- At the
nsradmin> prompt type in the following two lines
nsradmin> show name; enabler code; auth code; checksum
nsradmin> print type: nsr license
- Once returned to the
nsradmin> prompt, type quit to exit the utility
- Type exit to close the log capture
- Use your favourite text editor to view the contents of the license file