How to do initial configuration on Data Domain
Initial configuration include :
- Licensing configuration
- network configuration (IP address of Ethernet port A and B for DD , default gateway and DNS server IP)
- CIFS share configuration
- NFS Share configuration
- DD Boost protocol configuration
- VTL protocol configuration
- Login data-domain admin console
In IE Brower , input IP address of data domain , enter username(sysadmin) and password.
- start configuration on DD
- Select “maintenance” -> system Ã under “more task” menu
- click “launch configuration wizard”
- in the network screen , click “yes” to configure network
- In the NFS protocol screen , Click “yes”
- In the export screen , in Directory path field , type :
- In The export screen , under client section click green “+” sign, open a new client window, in the client field , type “*” , then click OK.
- In the export screen , under client section , ensure the check box next to client is selected, and click next.
- In the summary screen , review configuration and click submit
- For DD Boost protocol screen , if not to configure , click “no”
- For VTL protocol screen , if not to configure , click “no”