Bypassing ALOM password on a Sun Fire V210/240/250/440
- Attach console to Serial Management Port
- Power on the server via the front power button. Once POST has completed, you will need to wait 1 to 2 minutes for a timeout to occur and the system to drop to the <ok> prompt.
NOTE: If you do not get the "Please login:" prompt (you will likely see the SC prompt) then you must power the system off remove the battery from the LOM board, wait a minute, and re-install everything).
* Below is an example of what you might see on the console:
SC Alert: Host System has Reset
[wait one two minutes]
Serial line login timeout, returns to console stream.
- Boot the system to the OS level. If Solaris is not currently installed on the server, you will need to install it at this point.
- 4) Use the scadm command to reset the admin password:
# cd /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin
# ./scadm user/password admin
- Use the escape sequence "#." to get system back to the alom login prompt.
You can now log into the admin account using the password from step 4 b).