Firefox scrolling on Solaris
I came across a quirky thing whilst using the mibble-mouse button to scroll in firefox on my Solaris system. In a nutshell, scrolling does not work with the middle mouse button.
Solaris will try to paste the top most thing in your clipboard when you click your middle mouse button. When your in firefox and you do this, firefox will try to open what you pasted as a URL.
If you would like to get rid of this functionality just for the Firefox browser follow these easy steps
- Start firefox
- In the address bar type about:config and hit Enter. This will open the Advanced Preferences in Firefox.
- In the filter bar type middle and you will see about 5 options:
- double click middlemouse.contentLoadURL. so that it changes to false.
- double click middlemouse.paste so that it changes to false.
- In the filter bar type scroll and you will see about 20 options:
- double click general.autoScroll', so that it changes to true.
Now your ready to scroll with your middle mouse button. Try it out on one of your favorite websites. :)