Automating Solaris 10 explorer upload to Oracle MOS
Running the Solaris explorer tool allows sysadmmins to be proactive about maintenance on these assets.
The Oracle Solaris explorer software gathers system diagnostic data and creates an archive suitable for Oracle support analysis. Some very handy reports become available when this is automated.
Below are the steps to configure explorer on a Solaris system and then automate the data collection and delivery.
- Download the explorer package and install using:
# pkgadd SUNWexplo
- Configure the Diagnostic Assistance (DA) with Oracle MOS credentials, proxy server, etc.:
# cd /usr/lib/rda/da # ./da.sh setupmos
- Configure explorer defaults, using DA:
# /opt/SUNWexplo/bin/explorer -g
- Run explorer, then check delivery into Oracle MOS (proactive analysis)
# /opt/SUNWexplo/bin/explorer -q -P
- (optionally) resend the latest explorer us the DA settings:
# /opt/SUNWexplo/bin/explorer -N -T DA
Instructions are available in my other post for Solaris 11 systems.