Automating Solaris 11 explorer upload to Oracle MOS
Running the Solaris explorer tool allows sysadmmins to be proactive about maintenance on these assets.
The Oracle Solaris explorer software gathers system diagnostic data and creates an archive suitable for Oracle support analysis. Some very handy reports become available when this is automated.
Below are the steps to configure explorer on a Solaris system and then automate the data collection and delivery.
- Install the explorer tool from IPS:
# pkg install support/explorer
- Configure the Diagnostic Assistance (DA) with Oracle MOS credentials, proxy server, etc.:
# cd /usr/lib/rda/da # ./da.sh setupmos # cat /etc/explorer/default/explorer
- Configure explorer defaults, using DA:
# explorer -g
- Run explorer and check delivery into Oracle MOS (proactive analysis)
# explorer -P -q
- (optionally) resend the latest explorer using the DA settings:
# explorer -N -T DA
Instructions are available in my other post for Solaris 10 systems.