What is the NetWorker hostid?
NetWorker uses hostid for authorization code. hosted depends on the IP address of the computer used. This means that if you use a different hostid, NetWorker will treat the computer as a new computer and you must re-register the NetWorker Software. NetWorker uses a system call to obtain IP-addresses. If the system returns multiple ip addresses (i.e. on a cluster), NetWorker will generate a composite hostid from all interfaces, which is used for authorization code.
hostid values are the hexadecimal equivalent for IP addresses (for example 188.8.131.52 = hex 10.40.10.39 = 0x10401039). NetWorker Authorization codes encode the 8-digit hostid value.
Below are instruction to find the NetWorker Server enabler code and the Host id:
- Start the NetWorker Console software.
- From the Console window, click Enterprise.
- From the left pane, select the Enterprise icon. The NetWorker server appears in the right pane and left pane.
- From the left pane, select the NetWorker server.
- From the right pane, select the NetWorker application.
- From the Enterprise menu, select Launch Application. The Administration window launches.
- From the Administration window, click Configuration.
- In the left pane, select Registration.
- Open up any one of the product descriptions, and you will find the Host Id NetWorker Server enabler code .