How to run SPcollect on EMC Unisphere
This article provides the simple steps needed to gather SPCollects from the Unisphere Manager.
- Log in to Unisphere client
- Select the CLARiiON either from the dashboard or from the Systems drop-down
- On the left pane, under SP A Tasks, select Generate Diagnostic Files, confirm that you want to continue. "Success" will be displayed when the SPCollect starts.
- Still on the left pane, select Get Diagnostic files. When the SPCollect file has completed, you will see a file named <ArraySerialnumber>_SPA_<date_time_samp>_data.zip
- On the left-hand side of the box, select the location where you want to save the SPCollects.
- On the left hand side of the box select the file to be transferred. Note if you see a file that ends in runlog.txt, the SPcollects are still running. Wait until the data.zip is created.
- Repeat Steps 3-6 on SP B to generate and gather its diagnostic files.
Copy the SP_Collects files onto your local drive and then can be viewed or sent to EMC for full diagnostics.