How to recover NetWorker client data on different NetWorker server?
This is a simple procedure on how to recover the NetWorker client data onto a different NetWorker server or datazone.
If the client still exists on the old server you need to write down the clientid of this client
- From the new server create the client using the same clientid
- scanner -i device command to build the index and the media database
If the client is not exist on the old server
- Run scanner -m device to recover the media database for that client
- Run mminfo to get the clientid: mminfo -av -c client -r'client,clientid'
- Create this client from the NetWorker GUI using the clientid from the mminfo command after you create that client in the /etc/hosts file
- Run scanner -i to build the index and media database for that client