How to create a client via the NetWorker Management Console?
This post provides the steps needed to configuring the new NetWorker client via the NetWorker Management Console (NMC)
There are two methods to create client using NMC,
Manually create a client resource
- From the Administration window, click Configuration.
- In the expanded left pane, select Clients.
- From the File menu, select New.
- In the Name attribute, type the hostname of the NetWorker client computer.
- In the Comment attribute, type a description of the client. If multiple Client resources are being set up for the same host, type a comment that distinguishes the Client resources.
- From the Browse Policy attribute, select a browse policy from the list. The browse policy determines how long backed-up data is available for quick access.
- From the Retention Policy attribute, select a retention policy from the list. The retention policy determines how long backed-up data is available though not necessarily quickly.
- Select the Scheduled Backups attribute.
- The Client Direct attribute, which is selected by default, enables the client to send backup data directly to the storage device, bypassing the storage node.
- Select the Block based backup attribute to perform backups at the block level.
- From the Directive attribute, select a directive from the list, if applicable.
- In the Save Set attribute, type the name of the files or directories to be backed up. Place multiple entries on separate lines.
- From the Group attribute, select a group from the list.
- From the Schedule attribute, select a schedule from the list.
- Select the Backup renamed directories attribute to back up the files and sub directories of a renamed directory even if only the name of the directory has changed.
- Select Globals (2 of 2), in the Owner notification attribute, specify the command to send a backup completion email to email recipients.
- Click OK. The client is now set up for scheduled backups.
Create client using client configuration wizard
- From the NMC Administration window, click Configuration.
- In the Configuration window, click Clients.
- Right-click on the client and New Client Wizard.
- Follow the wizard.