Debugging NetWorker recovery job failures within NMC
To troubleshoot a recovery issue with NMC, configure the recovery resource to display greater detail in the log file, then retry the recover configuration in debug mode.
- Start NMC and select the Recover tab
- In the Recover window, right-click the recover configuration and select Recover Again.
- Click the Back button until you reach the Select the Recover Options window.
- Select Advanced Options.
- Increase the value in the Debug level attribute to enable debugging. The higher the value, the more the debug output that appears in the recover log file.
- Click Next until you reach the Perform the Recover window.
- In the Recover name field, provide a new name for the recover configuration.
- Click Run Recover.
- Monitor the status of the recover job in the option in the Recover window.
- When the recover completes, review the recover log file.
- The log files on the NetWorker server contain stdout and stderr information for the recover job. NetWorker stores the logs files in the following location, by default:
C:\Program Files\EMC NetWorker\nsr\logs\recover
jobsdbcontains job status information for the recover job.