VADP backups fail with invalid username/password
I recently came across an issue where a series of VADP backups are failing with error messages in the NetWorker messages log relating to invalid username/password. This all started after the customer upgraded vCenter from 5.0 to release 5.5.
Use the following procedure to resolve the issue:
- Re-install NetWorker client on the vCenter. If vCenter is aslo a storage node, make sure to re-install NetWorker storage node component.
- If there is only one vCenter to be used for backup, make sure to have one Hypervisor resource associated with this vCenter
- Make sure to specify the domain name if the vCenter administrator account is a domain admin account
- Run a test to validate that NetWorker can connect to vCenter with the specified account.
- If test successful, perform a VADP test backup