Setting up a NetWorker Dedicated Storage Node
In NetWorker release 7.0 and later, all devices created on storage nodes (except servers) include the Dedicated Storage Node (DSN) attribute. A dedicated storage node can back up only its own local data. A DSN license is required.
The $64,000 question is “How to activate working with your DSN license?”
Here is the steps:
- Navigate from the NMC GUI to the Devices Tab.
- Choose Devices in the left pane.
- Choose one device (any device) of the desired storage node which you want to convert it to Dedicated Storage Node and right click on that device and choose Properties.
- Navigate to the Configuration tab.
- Set the Dedicated Storage Node attribute to YES.
- This action will convert all the devices associated to this storage node to Dedicated Storage Node attribute because a storage node host cannot mix storage node types. Either all devices on a storage node must be set up for a dedicated storage node, or all must be set up for a standard storage node. Means that you don't need to change every device properties, Just change one device and all the other devices associated to this storage node will be converted automatically.
- Dedicated Storage Node attribute default value is set to No which require a standard storage node license.
- The Dedicated Storage Node License also can be used for backing up virtual clients in a cluster.