How to enable checkpoint restart on a NetWorker client?
Use the following steps to enable checkpoint under client configuration:
- Open NetWorker Management Console.
- Navigate to Configuration.
- Under configuration, click on Clients.
- Select the appropriate client for which the check point is to be enabled.
- Right-click on the client and click Properties.
- Under Client properties, below General tab look for Checkpoint Restart field.
- Check mark Checkpoint enabled.
- Under Checkpoint granularity select Directory or File accordingly.
- Click OK to save and close.
- Checkpoint enabled:
This attribute enables the support for checkpoint restart during scheduled backups. The save program performs a backup in an ordered manner and keeps track of the files saved. If save fails, it can be restarted from the point of interruption (file or directory). The ordering of the filesystems during backup may cause performance impact.
- Checkpoint granularity:
Checkpoint restart by file means that checkpoint will be created after each file is backed up. Due to performance degradation, this is recommended for savesets with a few large files only. Checkpoint restart by directory guarantees that checkpoint will be created after each directory is backed up. Checkpoints may be created at intermediate points depending on the number of files in the directory; however, this is not guaranteed.