Changing the NetWorker Management Console (NMC) service port
By default, the NetWorker Console database uses port 2638 for TCP/IP communications. If you other applications running on the same system you may come across a conflict where both applications are using the same service port. To resolve the conflict simple change the service port.
Follow these steps to change the NMC service port.
- Open a terminal or command prompt window
- Stop the GST Service.
For Solaris and Linux, type the following as root user:
# /etc/init.d/gst stopFor Windows, type the following at the command line as administrator:
C:\> net stop gstd /f
- Edit the gstd.conf file to add or change the line
int db_svc_port=port_number, where
port_numberis any available port in the environment except the default 2638. For example:
int db_svc_port=3200The gstd.conf is located in the following locations:
- Solaris: /opt/LGTOnmc/etc
- Microsoft Windows: C:\Program Files\Legato\Management\GST\etc
- Linux: /opt/lgtonmc/etc
- Run the command to update the port value in the NetWorker Console. The command is located in the following locations:
- Solaris: /opt/LGTOnmc/bin
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Legato\Management\GST\bin
- Linux: /opt/lgtonmc/bin
- Restart the GST Service.
For Solaris and Linux run the following as root:
# /etc/init.d/gst startFor Windows run the following from the command line as Administrator:
C:\> net start gstd
- Close the terminal or command prompt window.