What is samfsinfo?
samfsinfo command displays the file system structure for a specified file system and is included in the Sun StorEdge SAM-FS Suite and sun StorEdge QFS product suites.
The syntax for
where fs_name is the family set name specified for the file system in the
mcf file. The output from
- The information that the file system is mounted
- The file system superblock version. Unless you are upgrading from version 3.x of the software, this will always be 2
- The time and date that the file system was initialized
- The size of the DAUs for metadata and data devices
- The disk devices included in the file system, their equipment ordinals, and the order in which SAM-FS, SAM-QFS, or QFS use the devices.
The size of the file system and its included devices is presented in hexadecimal. This information, in decimal, is available in the output of
samcmd m and
samcmd f. The command
samfsinfo is useful because it is the only command that outputs the value of the DAU.
# samfsinfo qfs1 samfsinfo: filesystem qfs1 is mounted. name: qfs1 version: 2 time: Tue 9 Oct 10:02:46 BST 2012 count: 2 capacity: 00032140 DAU: 64 space: 0002dd80 meta capacity: 00032140 meta DAU: 16 meta space: 000309b0 ord eq capacity space device 0 10 00032140 0002e270 /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 1 11 00032140 0002e430 /dev/dsk/c3t1d0s0
# samfsinfo qfs2 samfsinfo: filesystem qfs2 is mounted. name: qfs2 version: 2 time: Tue 9 Oct 10:05:11 BST 2012 count: 2 capacity: 00064280 DAU: 64 space: 0005c6a0 ord eq capacity space device 0 12 00032140 0002e270 /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 1 13 00032140 0002e430 /dev/dsk/c3t2d0s0