Troubleshooting the SAM-FS Releaser
When you experience problems with releaser, you need to check the following:
- Are files being archived?
- Has the file system's high water mark been reached?
- Is the disk cache available suitable for the amount of data that needs to be online?
-noreleasebeen set in the
- Is associative staging set and set appropriately?
- Is the file system high water mark set correctly?
- Is the file system low water mark set too low?
- Are large files busy?
Checking releaser Log files for possible errors reported
- Log files related to the releaser process that may be helpful in problem determination are:
- archiver log file (configurable)
- releaser log file (configurable)
- The samu cli display may also provide some assistance.
- samu "a" display
- samu "m" display
Supporting Documentation and Additional data collection
# sfind /mountpoint -release_n -type f -print | wc # sfind /mountpoint -archived -online -type f -print | wc
- Enable daemon tracing
- Enable releaser logging