How to enable Security Auditing in Active Directory?
In order to start security auditing within Active Directory, perform the followin steps:
- Log on to your Microsoft Windows Server as an Administrator.
- Click Start, then Administrative tools, and select Group Policy Management Console.
- Go to the Domain to be audited.
- Right click Group Policy Object, and choose Edit. This opens Group Policy Management Editor.
- In the left pane, expand Computer Configuration, then Policies, expand Windows Settings, then Security Settings, then finally Local Policies.
- Click Audit Policies.
- In the Editor main panel, click Audit object access and select both the Success and Failure options.
- Click on Audit directory service access and select both the Success and Failure options.
You now have auditing enabled within Active Directory.