Deleting invalid entries in NBU job monitor
This procedure should be used for jobs with
Status Code 50
with "waiting for retry
" or for ghost jobs, which are jobs that do not have policy, client or other details in the activity monitor and which can't be deleted by any other means.
If there are jobs which appear "hung" in the Netbackup Activity Monitor, it is possible a stop and restart of the Netbackup services/daemons may not clear them. If a queued job cannot be cancelled or killed, note the jobid and perform the following steps:
For Unix master, when backups, restores and duplications are not running, please do the following on the master server:
- Make note of the jobids that need to be deleted (for this example jobids 84838 and 106680049 will be used).
- Stop Netbackup on the master and media servers.
# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/netbackup stop
- Check all Netbackup processes have stopped:
# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpps -a
If processes are still running, run
If any processes are still active, manually kill them.
- Change directory to the jobs directory
# cd /usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs
- Remove the
# rm bpjobd.act.db
Because the bpjobd.act.db file contains active and queued jobs, deleting it will only remove the unwanted job, since no other jobs were running at the time that the Netbackup services/daemons were stopped.
- change path to the restart directory and remove the files with the jobid's in the
# cd restart
# rm *84838* *106680049*
- change path to the trylogs directory, and remove the affected jobid's
# cd ../trylogs
# rm 84838.t 106680049.t
- change path to the ffilelogs directory and remote the correlating jobids
# cd ../ffilelogs
# rm 84838.f 106680049.f
- Restart Netbackup.
# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/netbackup start
For Windows master, when backups, restores and duplications are not running, please do the following on the master server
- Make note of the jobids that need to be deleted. For this example jobids 84838 and 106680049 will be used
- Stop Netbackup (bpdown) in the default folde on the master and media serversr:
It may be neccessary to run bpdown more than one time.
- Run bpps to verify all processes are down.
If needed, stop them using the Windows Task Manager.
- Change to the Netbackup db/jobs folder
C:\> cd <install_path>\VERITAS\Netbackup\db\jobs
- Delete the
NOTE: This file may appear to be named bpjobd.act if 'Hide extensions for known file types' if checked in Windows Explorer options/
- Change directory to the restart folder and remove the affected jobids
del *84838* *106680049*
- change path to the trylogs directory and remote the affected jobid's
del 84838.t 106680049.t
- Change path to the ffilelogs folder and remove the correlating jobid's
del 84883.f 106680049.f
- Restart Netbackup (bpup)