Deleting invalid entries in NBU job monitor
For Unix master, when backups, restores and duplications are not running, please do the following on the master server:
- Make note of the jobids that need to be deleted (for this example jobids 84838 and 106680049 will be used).
- Stop Netbackup on the master and media servers.
# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/netbackup stop
- Check all Netbackup processes have stopped:
# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpps -aIf processes are still running, run
# bp.kill_allIf any processes are still active, manually kill them.
- Change directory to the jobs directory
# cd /usr/openv/netbackup/db/jobs
- Remove the
# rm bpjobd.act.dbBecause the bpjobd.act.db file contains active and queued jobs, deleting it will only remove the unwanted job, since no other jobs were running at the time that the Netbackup services/daemons were stopped.
- change path to the restart directory and remove the files with the jobid's in the
# cd restart
# rm *84838* *106680049*
- change path to the trylogs directory, and remove the affected jobid's
# cd ../trylogs
# rm 84838.t 106680049.t
- change path to the ffilelogs directory and remote the correlating jobids
# cd ../ffilelogs
# rm 84838.f 106680049.f
- Restart Netbackup.
# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/netbackup start
For Windows master, when backups, restores and duplications are not running, please do the following on the master server
- Make note of the jobids that need to be deleted. For this example jobids 84838 and 106680049 will be used
- Stop Netbackup (bpdown) in the default folde on the master and media serversr:
C:\> <install_path>\VERITAS\Netbackup\bin\bpdownIt may be neccessary to run bpdown more than one time.
- Run bpps to verify all processes are down.
C:\> <install_path>\VERITAS\Netbackup\bin\bppsIf needed, stop them using the Windows Task Manager.
- Change to the Netbackup db/jobs folder
C:\> cd <install_path>\VERITAS\Netbackup\db\jobs
- Delete the
del bpjobd.act.fbNOTE: This file may appear to be named bpjobd.act if 'Hide extensions for known file types' if checked in Windows Explorer options/
- Change directory to the restart folder and remove the affected jobids
del *84838* *106680049*
- change path to the trylogs directory and remote the affected jobid's
del 84838.t 106680049.t
- Change path to the ffilelogs folder and remove the correlating jobid's
del 84883.f 106680049.f
- Restart Netbackup (bpup)