Are you looking for an experienced Oracle Solaris Consultant, Systems Administrator, EMC NetWorker Backup Specialist or Technical Author/Consultant? Then I'm your man...
- I am available from July 2016, but I may be available sooner, so please get in touch if you have an assignment requirement that matches my skills or if you would like to discuss any opportunities with me.
- Rates vary according to the type and length of engagement, and the prevailing market conditions.
- However long... A one off engagement, half-a-day professional services, a days consultancy, a week, 1/3/6 month(s), longer... All engagements considered.
- Need a Systems Administrator or Backup specialist in a hurry? Never fear... If i'm not available I have a network of past colleagues and folks I'd happily recommend!
CV / Resume
- 20+ years in depth Systems Administration, Installation, Maintenance and Support within Oracle Solaris environments; But do also have an excellent working knowledge of other flavours of UNIX/Linux (AIX, HPUX, RHEL, CentOS and Ubuntu Server), and Microsoft Windows (2003, 2008 and 2012) platforms.
- 15+ years support, installation, migration, escalation and management of Backup environments; Mostly EMC NetWorker (release 4.2.1 – 9) and more recently the integration of EMC Avamar and EMC Data Domain into backup environments.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Change management planning and implementation similar to ITIL
- Capacity planning, architectural reviews, business planning similar to PRINCE2
- Taking charge of the most difficult situations without needing to refer to duty managers or service delivery managers.
- Extensive experience in UNIX shell scripting (sh, ksh, sed, awk), web (perl, php)
- I have the ability to manage small projects and liaise with other teams as well as third party suppliers and resolver groups.
- Able to work effectively with co-workers from all countries, cultures and eccentricities
- Regular author of knowledge documents, I also identified requirements for internal product and procedural documentation summaries 'crib sheets' and complete operational procedural documents.
- Company name: Churchill IT Solutions Limited
- Director: Martin Churchill
- Contact telephone number: 07796 555 253
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company Registered Number: 8361040
- Company Registered Address: 2-4 Lowerhouse Lane, Burnley, Lancs BB12 6HU
- VAT Registration Number: 154 3886 86
- Certificates of Incorporation and Employers Liability, Product/Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance available upon confirmation of contract start date.